3M Food Safety Educational Webinar Series
April 20, 2022
Understanding the FSMA Laboratory Accreditation for Analyses of Foods (LAAF) Rule
As part of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) implementation, the final rule for Laboratory Accreditation for Analyses of Foods (LAAF) was published in December 2021. Under this rule, the FDA has set a requirement for the accreditation of laboratories to conduct certain types of food testing as specified in the rule. In this webinar, Randall Querry of the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) and Brad Stawick of Stawick Laboratory Management will provide an overview of the rule and help you understand its scope and impact. After the presentations, your questions will be answered live.
What will you learn?
- FSMA LAAF rule overview and scope
- Process and requirements for LAAF-accreditation
- Examples of testing covered under the rule
- Impact to testing laboratories and food manufacturers
After the webinar, attendees will receive an email with instructions to obtain their certificate of attendance through our Food Safety Education online learning system. Each attendee must register individually.
Randall Querry, American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA)
- Director of Government Relations at A2LA
- Responsible for advancing and directing policies and objectives of the association involving local, state and federal government and regulatory affairs
- Serves as an Asia Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (APAC) Lead Evaluator, conducting peer evaluations of Accreditation Bodies to ISO/IEC 17011
- 20 years of experience managing accreditation programs
Brad Stawick, Stawick Laboratory Management, LLC
- President and Technical Director of Stawick Laboratory Management, LLC
- With over 25 years’ experience, he has held senior management roles in operations and quality for contract global and national laboratory providers
- A Certified Food Scientist and an AOAC Fellow, and has served in several roles within AOAC including Chair of the Technical Division on Laboratory Management
- Received a Master of Science in Food Science from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign