Taste Your Future
Ontario Food and Beverage Processing Industry Career Campaign – Taste Your Future
In January 2015, Food and Beverage Ontario (FBO) embarked on a province-wide three-year talent attraction and workforce development campaign to raise awareness of the Ontario food and beverage sector as an employment destination with youth and new Canadians. This program, which was funded in part by Growing Forward 2, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative, ended on January 31, 2018.
The program was a resounding industry success engaging with Ontario colleges and universities delivering on food industry curriculum, Ontario School Counsellors’ Association, industry leaders, HR professionals, employment agencies and workforce planning groups. Check out this video to learn more!
Together with partners in academia and the employment, youth and education non-profit sectors, FBO launched tasteyourfuture.ca. The program also led many activities sharing information on the industry with schools, at conferences and various events.
The program began with comprehensive research to help better understand the perceptions and attitudes of Ontarians towards the food and beverage processing industry as a place for careers. This benchmark research directly supported the strategy and key messages for the campaign including stories for media engagement.
Taste Your Future Activities & Resource Highlights:
- Career Awareness Campaign Research Report
- School to Work Transition Workshop March 30, 2016 with stakeholders in education, post-secondary, industry and government to address barriers and advance opportunities for youth on a food and beverage career pathway.
- School to Work Transition Report
- Stir Up A Career Student Bursary Contest generously supported by the Golden Horseshoe Food and Farming Alliance
- Partnership with FoodGrads to provide resources and an employment platform for students and recent grads.
- Career Showdown for Students, Recent Grads and Young Professionals – in partnership with FoodGrads
- TYF information resources
- Newcomer Workshop January 16, 2018
- Connecting New Canadians to Careers in Food and Beverage Processing Report
- Exhibitor and presenter at Ontario School Counsellors’ Association conference, Cannexus – Canada’s largest career conference, CESBA. Grocery Innovations
FBO would like to thank the generous support and commitment of the Career Development and Implementation Team members for their continued enthusiasm and engagement in this initiative.