A workshop offered by the Canadian Food & Wine Institute Innovation Centre at Niagara College
Where: Niagara College - 135 Taylor Road, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, L0S 1J0
A workshop offered by the Canadian Food & Wine Institute Innovation Centre at Niagara College, in collaboration with Global Food Ingredients U.S.A., Pathogenia Laboratories (Canada)
Validation is a crucial part of ensuring a food safety program can function properly. This workshop will focus on process validation, and sanitation validation, ensuring participants gain a thorough understanding of the purpose of validation, requirements for validation and benefits validation.
- Learn how to develop strong food safety relationships with suppliers and co-manufacturers using validation, verification and scientific principles to guide decisions.
- Determine processes and equipment that requires validation.
- Learn about common pitfalls to look for in validation studies and how to identify potential challenges, then develop strategies for overcoming them.
- Comply with the U.S. and Canada food safety regulations.
- The Safe Food for Canadian Regulations requires that the processor demonstrate that the control measures used to reduce risk are effective. The workshop will help attendees to understand better who to validate their controls and comply with the new regulations.
- Validation of preventive controls, Critical Control Points, and in general processes steps validation such as cooling, is one of one of the topics that will be discussed in the workshop.
- Methods and examples of validation of the cleaning and sanitation procedures will be presented in the workshop. Strong sanitation program will reduce the risk of a recall.
- The speakers are experienced industry leaders that have worked for many years in processing facilities and have wide experience in consulting and auditing.
- In addition few suppliers of high technology on sanitation will be presenting.
FBO Members receive 50% off the regular registration! Contact: Dr. Ana Cristina Vega Lugo at 905-641-2252 ext 4203 or via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
To register, please CLICK HERE.
Dr. Angela Anandappa
Dr. Angela Tellez-Lance
Mr. Prasant Prusty
Date: June 19th 2019
Time: 8:30 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Cost: CA$450 (Early Bird deadline May 31, 2019)
CA$500 (June 1 – 12, 2019)
Students – CA$ 125.00
Location: Niagara College
135 Taylor Road, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, L0S 1J0
For information about this event, contact: Dr. Ana Cristina Vega Lugo
Phone: 905-641-2252 ext 4203