Greenbelt Fund for Ontario Agri-Food Projects
The next submission deadline is March 30, 2016 for projects starting on July 1, 2016.
A new $6M funding program called the Local Food Investment Fund was recently launched by the Green Belt Fund to help Ontario farmers, food processors, and agri not-for-profits improve regional supply chains and the promotion of locally sourced food. The next submission deadline is March 30, 2016 for projects starting on July 1, 2016.
- Amount: Up to 50% coverage grant funding to for-profit projects and typical non-profit projects, however “exceptional” non-profits may receive up to 90% coverage.
- Timelines: Next submission deadline is March 30, 2016 for projects starting July 1, 2016.
- Expenses: Consulting, business planning, salaries, equipment, technology upgrades, production expansion, training, marketing/promotion, travel costs in Ontario, studies and research.
Applicants can apply under 3 Streams:
- Broader Public Sector: Increasing local food purchases by public sector organizations and institutions.
- Market Access: Increasing access of small and mid-sized farms and processors to markets.
- Local Food Literacy: Improving understanding of where local food can be found, what local foods are available, and how to use them.
The next deadline for applications is March 30, 2016. We will not be engaging in new project proposals for this intake after February 29, 2016.
AgriMarketing Program: This program is for Ontario food businesses carrying out export marketing activities (excluding the US), such as trade shows, marketing material development, site visits, and market research. AgriMarketing is a max 50%/$50,000 grant to support export marketing initiatives. Businesses conducting the Green Belt Fund and selling internationally (outside of the US) should consider this program as well.
For more information, please contact:
Business Development Executive
Mentor Works Ltd.